This contest is hosted by the Ministry of Justice (MOJ). ‘Together Day’ is a national holiday designated on May 20th to encourage and rekindle the spirit of harmony among Korean nationals and foreign residents in Korea.
In commemoration of the 11th Together Day. The Ministry of Justice is proudly hosting the essay and photo contest under the theme ‘From our Hearts to Yours’.
Title: “From our Hearts to Yours”
Category: essay, photo
Eligibility: open to all Koreans and foreign residents
Essay: Under the theme “From our Hearts to Yours”, various heartwarming stories and experiences of Koreans and foreign residents living in harmony, success stories of foreign residents adapting to Korean society, etc.
Photo: Under the theme “Capturing Harmony”, photos that capture common values that Koreans and foreign residents should uphold, inspiring moments during the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, etc.
Entry period: 2018.03.09 (Friday) at midnight ~ 03.30 (Friday) 24:00
Winner announcement: 2018.04.30 (Friday), via website (www.togetherday.kr)
Award ceremony: 2018.05.18 (Friday), commendation of the Minister of Justice will be presented during the ceremony.
*The schedule above is subject to change by the host.
Top Excellence award, 1,000,000 KRW – one foreign resident and one Korean national
Excellence award, 500,000 KRW – 3 foreign residents and 3 Korean nationals
Encouragement award, 300,000 KRW – 7 foreign residents and 7 Korean nationals
Top Excellence award, 1,000,000 KRW – one foreign resident OR Korean national
Excellence award, 500,000 KRW – two winners (foreign residents/Korean nationals)
Encouragement award, 300,000 KRW – four winners (foreign residents/Korean nationals)
How to submit an entry
Language: only Korean
Length: no longer than three A4 pages
(entrants must comply with the specification requirements)
– Submit in Hangul or MS Word, font size 12, Sinmyeongjo font, 160% line spacing, 15mm margin for top/bottom, 20mm margin for left/right, 15mm margin for header/footer
Specifications: JPG, JPEG image files less than 2MB
Winners must also submit original file over 2MB (if not, award may be cancelled)
Number of entries: maximum of 3 photos per person
Submission Guidelines & Inquiries
Online submissions only (submissions via mail will not be accepted)
– Submit via the ‘Together Day’ website (www.togetherday.kr)
Submit with the application form
– Download and fill out the application form from the ‘Together Day’ website
– Fill out and submit the application form in Korean
※ Please include title, name, entry category, address, contact number. (B/PSK) Make sure to check off the box for ‘consent to collection and use of personal information’.
○ For Inquiries
– Immigrant Integration Division, Ministry of Justice (02-2110-4152)
1 entrant may submit a maximum of 1 essay, 3 photos, and an entrant cannot submit or be awarded on both categories
Only online submissions are accepted
– Photos awarded in other contests and composites will be excluded from the contest. Only photos taken by the entrant himself/herself will be rendered eligible for the contest. (B/PSK)
– By entering the contest, the entrant represents and warrants that the submitted photography is entirely the work of the entrant and does not infringe on the portrait rights, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights. Entrants shall bear sole civil and criminal responsibility for any conflicts arising with regard to infringement of such rights and laws.
– Entries must have never been published at home and abroad, and they must be entirely the work of the entrant.
○ Any entry found to have been plagiarized, have won a prize in another contest, a proxy, or a forgery will be disqualified. Thus, the award will be cancelled and the entrant must return the prize. (B/PSK)
○ No entries will be returned. All rights of the entries and award-winning entries are vested in the Ministry of Justice.
○ Award-winning entries may be presented during the Together Day commemorative ceremony or through other online media, and they may be used to promote Together Day and policies of the Ministry of Justice.
○ The winners of the Excellence Award and Top Excellence Award must attend the Together Day ceremony held on May 18th, and submit a copy of their bankbook (on May 18th) to receive their awards (award may be cancelled if entrant does not attend the ceremony). (B/PSK)
Please download the application form at the Together Day website (http://www.togetherday.kr)